Television Fish

How many of you out there notice fish tanks on tv and comment about them. Good or bad.

• Yes I notice every tank on tv

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'm more focused on the movie, and you're a nerd. =)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

dthoffsett

I'm a girl . . . yup, definitely a girl. =)
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Ok, just curious how many of you out there notice every tank on tv/movies. I know I do, and they always seem to be wrong. I know the fish probably have a wonderful life outside of the movie/show, but it seems like they always perpetuate the whole 6 goldfish in a bowl thing. And it bugs the hell out of me. My friends think I'm strange, but what do they know. :rolleyes:

Have fun everybody, and have a nice day.

yup I notice them too
ones that spring to mind are
CJs goldfish in a bowl :grr: in the west wing (I wonder how many goldfish died in the ten years that show ran for)
Daniel Jacksons large tank in Stargate sg1

and who could forget the poor fish in Duce bigalow male gigalo :(

I always notice aquariums in the background, they're are normally rubish and overstocked but I keep wanting the camera to focus on the tank rather then on the characters. I thought I was the only one who noticed them. I think it is mine and a few others instinct to pick up things about fish. I can hear the word 'Fish' spoken from a mile off and I'll quickly come and investigate.

looking like a landslide we all seem to notice them :lol:

i saw a bruce lee film were the evil guy puts guppie fry in salt water and the huge fish eats them.

i saw a bowl with black mollies in a early 90s hong kong movie. one of the main characters even dumped his toenails into the bowl and the mollies had a go at them! :(

I always notice tanks on tv.

The best time was when we were watching a program about badly behaved kids from underprivelaged homes. I was like "so what about the kids? They've got an awesome tank!"

I get very upset when watching a film or whatever in which fish are being threatened. I went and saw My Super Ex Girlfriend with, funnily enough, an ex boy of mine and he had to slow-motion rugby tackle me in the cinema during the bit with Luke Wilson's fish and....well, y'know.

And I HATE it when tanks get broken in action movies! How can they say no animals were harmed? They're clearly there flapping around on the floor amidst all the broken glass! It's not good for them!

Speaking of which is anyone watching chanel 4 on brittish TV at the moment? There was a biorb on there with a few angels in it

Has anyone ever noticed that there is a fish tank with a fishy in it in the bedroom of the kid in "The Exorcist"? What I never got was that when all the commotion was happening with her getting possessed by the devil and stuff, the fishtank remained stationary and never even shook once, which made me happy. Especially when the fish continued to swim around happily not noticing the bed leaping around and the kid going mental. He was in a little world of his own. I found myself watching the fish instead of the action most of the time.

I think I notice most TV and movies that have fish in them. For some reason right now I now I'm thinking of A Fish Called Wanda and and a Beverly Hills Cop movie. :)

Most reactions

Back