Tanks

CraigBaines

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey, i want too try and get my tank looking really good, but im lacking insperation.

Can anyone post pic's of their tanks for me to have a look at ? i was thinking of getting sand to go in rather than gravel but thats all iv got so far lol.

I also woundered if you could get the backdrops to go in, like you can for reptiles, like a rockface.

Iv seen really big tanks for sale in shops with it all built in, but iv not been able to find one you can buy seperate, except for the reptile type.

P.S My fry are doing great, i keep trying to count and im getting roughly 30 before i loose count lol. There getting bigger slowly but surly.

Thier eating micro worms atm, and iv found they really!! smell. Any tips on cutting down the smells?

Cheer's Craig

Here's my guy and girl. And one of the fry at about a week old?

male.jpg

female.jpg

fry.jpg

Hey, i want too try and get my tank looking really good, but im lacking insperation.

Can anyone post pic's of their tanks for me to have a look at ? i was thinking of getting sand to go in rather than gravel but thats all iv got so far lol.

I also woundered if you could get the backdrops to go in, like you can for reptiles, like a rockface.

Iv seen really big tanks for sale in shops with it all built in, but iv not been able to find one you can buy seperate, except for the reptile type.
I think you can buy them. That would look really good IMO.

Well i know you can buy them, but there made for reptile tanks, my brother had one about a year back for his lizards, and it was made from pholosyrene (spelling?) i think...

Not sure if they'd be ok to put in an aquarium

oh right, well if you dont mind and you spot them again, take note of who makes them and let me know :)

Awesome bettas. :good:

I don't consider myself very experienced with aquascaping... but here a few older pics of some of my tanks. Maybe it will help 'inspire' you.

dsc007344137968.jpg

dsc004544906279wv4.jpg

dsc006902703392sz3.jpg

dsc006479570936tq9.jpg

edit: You can buy backgrounds that you attach to the outside of the aquarium. You can see one in my first tank pic. Honestly, black looks the best most of the time. I don't have a picture atm of my tank with a black background.

Unless you are talking about the 3 dimensional backgrounds that are placed inside you tank. They are out there... but I have no experience with them.

Ok well iv found this. it works out at £25.50 but would it not be the same type of thing as this reptile type one which works out at £14 ???

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 23
CraigBaines-That stone granite background would look nice in a tank!

ReMz-Your tanks look awesome! I enjoy having lots of driftwood as well but how do you keep your water clear? Mine always goes yellowish with the tannins. I don't mind but when I set up my new tank I want a clear water one.

Here's my tank...

CIMG1797.jpg

I read on another thread somewhere about the aqua terra 3D backgrounds. They look unbelievable, but
the prices are HIGH. I looked into getting one for my 20 Gal tank, but the background would cost
5x as much as my entire rig cost. They look awesome, though.

Most reactions

Back