Tankmates For Angelfish

cazs84

Reaction score
Hi all I have a 126l tank , which equates to 28 UK gallons. Its 31.5" long x 14" deep x 18" high, how many angels could I comfortably house? I was thinking two but would they terrorise each other? I have kept them before in a larger aquarium when I had 4 angels.
When I stock my tank (slowly!!) I will probably add some corys too. What other fish can I house with them? Its a planted aquarium, I have a piece of bogwood in there and about 6 amazon swords and 2 java ferns.

Thanks all

I think if you ge three then hopefully you will get a pair and give the single one away. Corys wound good maybee a plecs or two some harlequins maybee?

Jay - thanks I read that post before I began a new thread but it didn't tell me specifically the other fish I could put with angels it just said stocking levels.

Ginge - harlequins are a good choice I didn't think of those, thanks. Are zeb danios too frantic for angels?

:S
They get along with plecs, livebearers, most any non-aggressive fish that doesn't look like an angel. If they start to pair, and another fish looks like an angel it will be treated like one.

I think if you ge three then hopefully you will get a pair and give the single one away. Corys wound good maybee a plecs or two some harlequins maybee?

I thought harlequins were small enough for angels to eat?

Most reactions

Back