Tank Update

Gelt

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just thought i'd post a few pictures of my tank after i have hit the six month point ...

Any suggestions for improvement always welcome

054vf.jpg
056nq.jpg

055is.jpg

Looks really good. Maybe try get some moss for the Coconut cave?

+1 for moss, especially on the wood (not sure what's going on with the coconut cave there.. it looks out of place) and more live stem plants for the back.

The three swords may be too much for that tank in the long term.

You may want to move the heater to the back wall as it doesn't look like there's that much current where it is now.

Great looking tank.

I suggest you ID the plec, in case it's one of the many species that gets massive.

+1 for adding something to the coconut cave. Or even grow some moss from the top of your piece of wood in the middle, you could have a nice big bushy clump growing from that.

Also you could think about positioning your heater behind your swords so it's not so obvious in there.

Thanks for the comments ,trying to get a pic of my unknown plec but it's a crafty sod and always sucking on slate or inside my bogwood on the left or the otherside of the tree root, I just look for the poo- talk about 1fish poo factory! .
Oh sorry tizer no strange plastic spongebob houses will ever make it into my tank let alone through my front door!, held in the same regard as ' no fishing' signs but hey that's just me.

Back in the day when me and my sisters used to keep goldfish, I insisted on a no fishing sign in each tank, just because they're so naff we couldn't not have one :p

Most reactions

Back