Tank test results

Cheart99

Reaction score
Ok i finally got my new test kit. Havent been able to test my water for about 4 days. Ok these are the results in my tank right now: PH 7.0, Ammonia 0mg/L, Nitrite 0 mg/L, Kh (Carbonate hardness) 40 mg/L, Gh (general hardness) 80 mg/L caco3.
Are these results ok? Are they normal? Also what are your opinons about Hagens Cycle, and Waste Control products? I seen them in my store and heard from people that both combined will help the cycling process and your fishes health :huh:

The main things to be concerned about are ammonia and nitrite. These should always read zero with fish in the tank. Just watch out for any wild swings of the others.

What your kH and gH are telling you is your waters ability to resist changes in pH ... the pH of your water is more easily changed then lets say my water that has a very high kh at 180 ppm and gH 300 ppm. None of this is good or bad mind you but gives an idea of what to expect ...

My pH so far is rock steady smack at pH = 8.0 .. if anything it tends to increase... I never have to raise the pH ... perhaps in your case you will need to raise the pH from time to time ... if at all ... depending on how clean the water is kept.

Good Day ... B)

Most reactions

Back