Tank Size

Boxer_Gaz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Can someone please give me a rough idea of what size tank would be required for this stocking?

6 x Cherry Barb
1 x Keyhole Cichlid
1 x Blue Acara
1 x Red Parrot
1 x Albino Shark
1 x BN Pleco

And also could this selection of tankmates work?

Thanks

Gaz

48L x 18(12?)W x 18H ?

I would knock the parrot on the head and i think you would have a nice tank. You could also up the numbers of the Cherry Barbs to 10.

Just to add, for me i would also swap the Blue Acara for 3 more Keyholes if going for an 18" wide tank.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I really do want a blue acara. Wanted one for years.

Any reason why to knock the parrot on the head? I don't mind dropping the parrot, it was just to add a little colour.

Would 4 keyholes schoal or pair up?

Thanks

Gaz

Keyholes are actually quite sociable Cichlids, so a group will be fine. Even if they do pair up they should still be ok in a lengthy tank.

The Parrot imo just doesn't fit in. Alot of them have deformed mouths and struggle to feed. They also will dwarf your other fish, a fully grown Parrot is pretty big.

If looking for colour then how about adding something like a group of Columbian Red Fin Tetra's or Rosey Tetra's. But Cherry Barbs would really brighten up the tank, especially if you can source more males than females.

Thanks for the great responses.

Cant wait to start setting a tank up after all these years :)

Gaz

Have fun is the most important thing to remember. Make sure you research plenty before commiting to the fish. You have found a great source for info. :) Welcome to the forum.

Most reactions

Back