Tank Set Up Question

VPARIKH3

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering if the heater has to be next to the filter outflow. Also, is it important that the plastic plants stay from the heater, if so how far? I have no place to put the air pump 12 inches above the aquarium. The closest I have is 4 inches below the top of the aquarium. Is this okay if I have a check vallve?

Thanks

,hi vp :good: i think i does not matter about where you put the heater as people put them in diffrent places ase long as the heat can get around the tank,lot of people on here dont like plastic plants on here lol,ivegot myplastic plants around my heater couple of ins away to hide it and had no probs.as 4 my air pump its on the floor about 5foot down :good: none return valve on(no probs)

Welcome to the forums. As Nitro said, the heater need not be put in the outflow. the main thing you want is a good flow at the heater. This will ensure that you do not end up with hot and cold spots in your tank. I have silk plants that will touch my heaters without problems. A very small gap should be plenty for a heater and a plastic plant. As long as the plant doesn't touch a spot on the heater for a long enough time to melt, it should be fine. The check valve is not the best way to rig an air pump but is much better than not having one. It should be OK as long as the check valve works perfectly each time your house has a power loss.

Most reactions

Back