Tank Problem, Well, Lighting.........

wetdog

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
......g'day one and all :good:

i have a hagen elite tank, and both my tubes have gone out. i have checked fuses etc and nothing wrong there. i find it hard to believe that both tubes should fail at the same time, one white, one blue.
anyone got any assistance please, and if i need tubes which ones to buy, be price concious please.

mick.

May be that just one bulb has blown.

One bulb on my lights blew recently and neither would work.

......g'day one and all :good:

i have a hagen elite tank, and both my tubes have gone out. i have checked fuses etc and nothing wrong there. i find it hard to believe that both tubes should fail at the same time, one white, one blue.
anyone got any assistance please, and if i need tubes which ones to buy, be price concious please.

mick.
stupid question have you checked the fuse?
Phil

......g'day one and all
good.gif

mick.

Don't know about hagen tanks but if a bulb goes on a juwel light unit then the entire unit will not function. You will need to purchase 1 light and try it in both housings.

Regards,

Mark

Another thing to check, the screw in seals at the end of the tubes. If one has come a bit loose then the lights will go off.

i have 2 hagen tanks and neither of the lights work i think its quite a common problem

i have done all of the above and changed both t5's and still no lighting.
whats my best option now then please?

ta,
mick.

i have 2 hagen tanks and neither of the lights work i think its quite a common problem

i have done all of the above and changed both t5's and still no lighting.
whats my best option now then please?

ta,
mick.
could be the ballasts then, might work out cheaper to replace the whole unit that try to find a ballast for it
Phil

fixed, done, dusted and sorted :good:

loose wire inside the lid was the problem.

mick.

Most reactions

Back