Tank Picture

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DiddleBug

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I've always killed my aquarium plants, so I decided to stick to plastic. It makes things easier to clean and it doesn't look too bad.  I'm not saying plastic is best by far, I know live plants look better than plastic and are best for the tank.  This is just for those who don't have green thumbs.  :)  So, here's a picture of my fake tank.  Does anyone else have any photos of their fake tanks they'd like to share?  It's cool to see how realistic you can make it look. :)

fun008_zps0e6726bf.jpg

My home tanks are o'natural but this is one I did at work:

2013-04-13185148.png

Plastic can be really effective if done right and yours looks really good - most of the time people just make it look tacky!
The rock in the image is to weigh the vinewood down so isn't a permanent feature :p

If you like plastic, this is an interesting article - http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=4189

they are well placed plastic plants, you say you dont have green thumbs, it might be down to the choice of plants, you could try some easy to grow stems, or plants like java fern anubias, java moss, crypts and swords. there all fairly easy as a rule of thumb 

I don't know.  I clean often and I have corys which would probably uproot them.  I don't have the money to buy more plants either. :/ My parents have me buy my extra fish stuff. 

Your lucky diddle my parents do pay for anything but my necessities.  I usually am able to buy things one week at a time :) this week was some pygmy corys and next week will hopefully be some more plants because my anubias afzellies both died and my tank has like 3 plants in it!

tmoney7 said:
Your lucky diddle my parents do pay for anything but my necessities.  I usually am able to buy things one week at a time
smile.png
this week was some pygmy corys and next week will hopefully be some more plants because my anubias afzellies both died and my tank has like 3 plants in it!

You managed to kill some Anubias!? :p

I know right!!! they are supposed to be the hardiest of plants and they melted and then never grew back their leaves,  It was very disappointing :/.

Most reactions

Back