Tank location

FKIDN

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have just had a conversation in another thread about a specific fish, and it requires a bigger tank, the problem I have is that the only place a bigger tank would fit is in my conservatory, would this be a problem ? Or can I have one here ?

I’d imagine the temperature would fluctuate too much and all the light would cause algae or even green water. Can you look elsewhere?

I’d imagine the temperature would fluctuate too much and all the light would cause algae or even green water. Can you look elsewhere?
I will have a think, and a talk with the partner? I understand the heating may be a problem, but would the algae issue be helped if I covered the back and side pieces which are directly in sunlight ?

I will have a think, and a talk with the partner? I understand the heating may be a problem, but would the algae issue be helped if I covered the back and side pieces which are directly in sunlight ?
Somewhat, but the temperature issue will remain.

Does the conservatory have double glazed windows and insulated walls?
If yes, then it's not such an issue.

You can also insulate the base, back and sides of the tank with 1 to 2 inch thick polystyrene foam sheets. A 6mm thick coverglass on top will also help trap heat.

As for the light, if you have lots of plants in the tank, they could thrive and keep the algae under control.

Most reactions

Back