Tank Decorations

Rochiie

Reaction score
Hey all, i hope iv put this in te right section of the forum! Forgive me if i havent. Just after a little advice on decorations for tanks, I currently have about 6 rooted plants in my tank and two bits of bogwood soaking, My first question is, how long should you soak it for? Iv put boiled water in the bucket a few times, and scrubbed them... the more i scrub, the more of the tannings (is it?) come out. How long does this go on for before i can pop them in the tank?

Also, is there anything else other than the expensive ornaments i can use in the tank? Iv been told to use terricotta pots, although at this time of year, theyre a little difficalt to get hold of!

Any advice is greatly appreciated! :) Thanks

ornaments can be anything, plants , rocks, wood, cheap tacky ones from your LFS. as for the leaching of the tannings (i dont know if this is correct) they are harmless to fish. and it doesnt matter if they are in your tank. as long as the wood sinks i think you will be fine. with regular water changes your wood wont leach that much + sometimes it can have a nice effect on the tank

Thanks for the reply! i popped the wood back into the tank after abit of boiling, scrubbing and soaking and it hasnt taken much effect on the water really, so quite happy about that. As for decorations, iv been abit worried about putting anything other than aquarium spicific items in there although iv been told it should be ok. Is there any items that arent for the tank in particular but make a nice little decoration i could look into finding or buying? trying to find inspiration on a natural but unique theme tank.

Most reactions

Back