Tanganyikan Spawning

kiriyama

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Hi, quick note, turned the tank lights on this morning, under 2 Xenos was a pit burrowed in the sand and lots of grains of "brown rice", scooped them up.... have them in a fry net just now and moved the cyps fry (over 20 now) to one of these floating plastic jobs(?)....
I don't think the fry is Xeno though :blush: ,think the dwarf comps (sumbus) have spawned, they have been very territorial lately and the 2 big males have been squaring up a lot, all the comps on the right and the regular pair have the left, the female was spending time in the burrow sand siftin later so hopin I have d=some comp fry...
Oh yeah another female cyp has a HUGE mouthfull :good:
Cheers, Sean

Nice one!! :good: :good:

There has to be something in the water, both your fish and mine are breeding like mad it appears. My Malawis are spitting fry at a great rate of knots.....just wish my cyps would hurry up and do the business, loads of flirting but no babies yet :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

How exciting! Betwen you two you could start your own lfs! It'll be a while until I can say the same thing. The 2 adult multies I have seem to be male as they are both doing a lot of sand shifting so I'm hoping the juvies have some ladies in there.

Nice one!! :good: :good:

There has to be something in the water, both your fish and mine are breeding like mad it appears. My Malawis are spitting fry at a great rate of knots.....just wish my cyps would hurry up and do the business, loads of flirting but no babies yet :rolleyes: :lol: :lol:

They will, the flirting is cool to watch, so only a matter of time :good:

I have been really lucky, have seen the Cyps doing the exchange and have seen momma spitting fry in the tank, that was really nice to see.

I think once I have the bigger tank for the Tropheus and add Gobies, then get my 3rd group, then build a shed , fill it with tanks and fry , I'm definatelt setting up a Multi tank :lol:
Just kidding, on all the other stuff but I really really want to set up a Multi tank, really miss those little bulldozers :lol: :good:

How exciting! Betwen you two you could start your own lfs! It'll be a while until I can say the same thing. The 2 adult multies I have seem to be male as they are both doing a lot of sand shifting so I'm hoping the juvies have some ladies in there.
If the Cyps keep carrying on like this maybe we could :lol:
11 fry from the first Cyp :good:
I'm sure Elisew could supply the Malawis the way that tank is bursting :good:

Most reactions

Back