Table Tank

Lucky5tar5

Reaction score
Hey guys, just noticed a fish tank that is also a table on ebay. A bit of a novelty I know. One thing I did notice though was that it claims you only need to change the water once a year!! What the fudge are they talking about? Surely not!

Table

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Na there talking from there behind, looks nice i suppose but i would panic with the weight on the casters in my oppinion,and trying to change water might be a pain,also sitting around the table etc i wonder if the fish would become timid,or get used to the daily wave of people and banging of cuttlery etc?

I wouldn't have one myself. It looks awkward to set up, where would the wires go? Most tables like that go in the middle of a room well away from walls as shown. Surely you'd have to plug in equipment such as the heater, and filter, in which case people would be tripping over the wires! Most wires from such equipment are only a couple of feet long at best too, so you'd either have to have the table very close to a wall, or re-wire all equipment to have longer cables even if you did find a way to conceal the wiring.

Also it has a UG filter which are well known for being more than a bit rubbish, and you can't have live plants with them.

I think most fish would be very skittish in such a thing. Being so close to the floor, and people walking up and down and putting cups ect down on the table would create a hellish amount of vibration.

It obviously works fine as a showpiece in a showroom where hardly anyone goes near it, but for use in an actual average home I'd say it's a real waste of a LOT of money.

How would you change the water? You need a height difference to get a siphon going don't you? :S
And what honeythorn said about the wires!

Most reactions

Back