Synodontis Sp.

dave_oddballs

ray and oddball keeper !!
Reaction score
went to the lfs yesterday to pick up some plants and a pair of those electric blue rams, and he has a big tank where he normally puts larger fish, namely ones people have brought in. there was two catfish, definitely a synodontis sp. i have a soft spot for catfish, have 7, not including the plecs. anyway the problem is, although i really liked them, i don't like buying them not knowing exactly what they are.
there was two, very friendly towards each other, they were a bit like my syno eupterus but slimmer, lighter back ground color and dark spots. a bit like the multipunctatus and petricola but definitely wasn't either of them, had spots on the dorsal fin not a solid color like either of them, plus he has both of them in and you could tell they was different just similar color. i googled and found some similar to what i saw, they was synodontis galinae and synodontis ocellifer.
i would have to buy them before i could get pictures of them, i liked them and he wanted a tenner each for them, are either of the named fish be worth that? they were about 5+ inch.
thanks
David

Most reactions

Back