Synodontis Schoutedeni

Cheffi

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My lfs had some of these in today. They've labelled them as 'rare'. Are they? Or has anyone got this catfish. They're asking £17 a fish.

S.schoutedeni is not a rare fish, theyre not as common as S.eupterus or S.nigriventris but they are still a fairly regular sight in fish stores.

How big are they? £17 sounds a bit steep but if they are decent sized adult fish that would be about right.

S.schoutedeni is not a rare fish, theyre not as common as S.eupterus or S.nigriventris but they are still a fairly regular sight in fish stores.

How big are they? £17 sounds a bit steep but if they are decent sized adult fish that would be about right.

They were around couple of inches. I'm not interested in buying them. I was just curious as they were labelled rare and I'd not heard of them. Thanks for reply. :)

They were around couple of inches. I'm not interested in buying them. I was just curious as they were labelled rare and I'd not heard of them. Thanks for reply. :)
I had one a while ago but haven't seen any in places round here ( West Yorks ) for ages.

Most reactions

Back