Synodontis Eupterus (Featherfin)

Lin Penny

Reaction score
Hello all.

I have a five year old featherfin that I need to move to another tank. (I believe she's the reason my Leopard Danio has no tail and I'm not talking just a little bit missing but the whole tail. Every time it starts to grow back, it's gone again with just a little pink stump left.)

Having that spike in her fin that I absolutely don't want to get caught in a net, can someone tell me any other way to move her please.

Thanks,

Lin

Hello all.

I have a five year old featherfin that I need to move to another tank. (I believe she's the reason my Leopard Danio has no tail and I'm not talking just a little bit missing but the whole tail. Every time it starts to grow back, it's gone again with just a little pink stump left.)

Having that spike in her fin that I absolutely don't want to get caught in a net, can someone tell me any other way to move her please.

Thanks,

Lin
I find a small plastic tub the best for transferring fish as it is less stressful than netting which is NOT an option for synos anyway as they get tangled in nets. Basically you put plastic tub in front of fish and chase it into tub with a net. Then just pour tub contents -water and fish -quickly into new tank, assuming pH and temp are the same as its previous tank.

Most reactions

Back