syno!

cryosi

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
sorry its not very good they wont play ball today, i think its a baby feathfin syno! The large adult feather fin has a large filament thread from his dorsal fin and its only one, while this baby as u can see lots of small ones . any ideas? maybe its a male and a female? ,nope it seems feather fins have one or many filaments....... sheesh no wonder they common name is feather, just used to one adult with a large filament that reaches this tail ( think it goes past it)

Attachments

• unknown_syno__1.jpg
    unknown_syno__1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 105
another nice fish you have cryosi, :thumbs:

Yes, without a doubt!! God, I miss my Feather, had to trade him.... 7" long he was....Boo Hoo :-( :( :sad:

7inches wow my robianus is 7 and the adult feather is 8inches ........ not sure how 2 feathers will get along, ( short story i bought a shoutedini(cant spoll) yellow marbled about 1inch long) not seen him for weeks then this baby turns up.... go figure lol) guess they mislabeling agian..... cute thou! like the fact he/she has more feather fins than the adult coooool!

Read Cat. of the month article at Planet Catfish on feathers, they can be very territorial (especially as adults). I have 3 young Syno. Notatus and these guys are always chasing each other about... :fun:

hehehe my adult chases the robbie round the tank, no one gets hurt,just if robbie goes in fethers home for the day! when the plec goes walkie he goes in the plec home for a while have to wait till the baby feather gets bigger then see what happens

here is one of the other syno's i have

lol it was better at 1400x1200 i ahd to cut it down to 475x300 to fit. ah well

Attachments

• syno3.jpg
    syno3.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 148

Most reactions

Back