Super Shrimp!

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ray311

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone has ever kept this type of shrimp?

Attachments

• 20131204_191105-1.jpg
    20131204_191105-1.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 20131013_200927-1.jpg
    20131013_200927-1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 57
Is that a macrobrachium? ;o
I can't ID shrimp at all but thought I'd ask if it was that anyways. Hopefully I can get better at it so I don't accidentally get one in the future :c

by the size of the arms, they could be a threat to your fish.. if possible. i remember reading about some shrimp that are mistaken as ghost and look like the one in the pic and have attacked your fish.
i don't know the name, but watch out for that.
Ninjouzata could be right with what the shrimp is, i'm going to guess that as well :p

I think you guys are right. macrobrachium ohione to be more exact, if my research isnt mistaken! I never looked up the species now. Lol. Well just to give some info on it, I have had it for about 6 months now and it is a very interesting shrimp to look at when it is out and about. It eats small pellets i feed my fish and well from my observation it only acts aggressive to new additions to the tank. I wouldn't put any small fish in my tank due to my semi-aggressive set up, but in sure it could snatch and hold guppy size fish!

I have kept indian whisker shrimp and they are a macro shrimp and everyone said they are a threat to my fish but I never have any problems with them. I am sure they will get the sick ones especially the small ones like my neons. I think they did this actually but I think its a good thing that they take care of the sickly ones for me.

This is one scary shrimp once it grows.
c16.jpg

Most reactions

Back