Sun Coral Feeding

Buddyboy67

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My suns will eat day or night but i like to spot feed them at least twice a week at least 4 hours after lights out to ensure the fish dont rob them of their food . They are fed a mix of mysis, adult brine enriched with omega 3 and diced prawn.

Food just applied by pipette...

DSCF8154.jpg

about 5 mins later...

DSCF8156.jpg

10 mins later and fully expanded and ready for more...

DSCF8153.jpg

This guy has almost doubled in size and has a double layer of heads now, new young heads constantly emerging up from between the older ones.
These pics were all taken with flash so a little grainy.

Thanks for the pics. I get one tomorrow 4-6 heads, I have in mind target feeding 2-3 times a week.

Hi, got th Sun coral yesterday. Two 2 hours to aclimatise them. but they still have not open up. Feed the fish etc on brim shrimp & wafted some over & no response. How long did it take for you sun corals to show their selves?

Garry..suns may take 2 or 3 days to settle in and adjust...put him where he gets a gentle current and sit back...first few feeds may require to be night feeds..try dripping a little water from thawing out their dinner close to them, and they should open in about 10/20 mins.,about 2 hours after turning off all your lights on the tank.

I havent target fed my single head in over 3 months, it sprouted a new head recently, very slow growth but growth none-the-less. I was curious what would happen if I didn't target feed it.

I do feed the tank a lot, and it is relatively underpopulated for its size and has a healthy fuge full of pods.

Just felt like putting that out there on a sun coral thread. You have a very nice colony there.

Most reactions

Back