Suitable Corys To Go In With My Clown Loaches?

loz_the_guru

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I read somewhere that these go together really well, and since my tank is only jsut big enough for a pair of loaches then I thought it might be nice to get them some company.

Anyone have experience of clowns and corys, or could perhaps recommend a smallish (smaller than 3") type theyll get along with?

Come to think of it, how many corydoras should I aim to keep?

I've read in LOADS of places that Panda Corys get on really well with Clown Loaches, they're awesome little fish.

The rule of thumb is a shoal of 6+ with no real upper limit, I've seen videos of hundreds of them before :D

I read somewhere that these go together really well, and since my tank is only jsut big enough for a pair of loaches then I thought it might be nice to get them some company.

Anyone have experience of clowns and corys, or could perhaps recommend a smallish (smaller than 3") type theyll get along with?

Come to think of it, how many corydoras should I aim to keep?

how big is "just big enough" clown loach should be in groups of 6+ and can live for 40 years growing to 16" check out www.loaches.com. I personally wouldn't keep the 2 together as large clowns will compete with corys for food and floor space

Emma

Hi,
At the moment they're only 1.5"s long, so its not an issue. The tank is 20 gallons. I am aware at some point i'll have to re-home them, however ive also been told theyre relatively slow growers. They seem to be quite happy as a pair - how essential is it to keep them in larger groups?

Panda corys. I dont think Dwarves would work. :)

XD, They're pretty cool fish. I've heard from others that they've been sucessful with pandas and clowns.
:) Good luck buddy,

Most reactions

Back