Suicide Attempt Today.

constantine03

Fishaholic
Reaction score
My big purple cambo girl tried to end it today. It may have been accidental...I don't know. I went to take a nap and when I lied down she was fine, but two hours later when I got up she wasn't in the tank. I looked everywhere and finally found her on the floor behind the tank. She was dry to the touch. I thought she was dead, but when I went to pick her up she flipped around a little bit. I was in a rush to get to a class, so I had to just put her in a little cup, and hang it in the tank so she'd be close to the top. She just lied at the bottom of the tank. When I got home she was upright and swimming a bit better. Now she looks fine and was swimming around in the cup, so I let her out. Hopefully she'll make it through the night!

What a bunch of bad luck I'm having.

My big purple cambo girl tried to end it today. It may have been accidental...I don't know. I went to take a nap and when I lied down she was fine, but two hours later when I got up she wasn't in the tank. I looked everywhere and finally found her on the floor behind the tank. She was dry to the touch. I thought she was dead, but when I went to pick her up she flipped around a little bit. I was in a rush to get to a class, so I had to just put her in a little cup, and hang it in the tank so she'd be close to the top. She just lied at the bottom of the tank. When I got home she was upright and swimming a bit better. Now she looks fine and was swimming around in the cup, so I let her out. Hopefully she'll make it through the night!

What a bunch of bad luck I'm having.

yikes ,one of mine did that during a water change, i cuped them out to vac the gravel and put in new plants,, too late did i realize she jumped,, bye blue betta ,, hope ur girl is ok :crazy:

Oh yes bettas are very hardy fish. I once had a female who jumped out of her bowl and landed inside the pockets of my sweater. This happend as I was doing a water change I found her almost ten minutes later!! she hads scrappe on her side which eventually got fin rot and she healed but she was never the same crowtail I bought...I think I have pictures ill see if I can post them for you too see..

Oh gosh, well at least she appears to be ok!
I guess it's time to get some kind of lid for her tank? Or try to close up open spots in a lid that's already there?

they really do need lids, thats how they get about in the wild...by jumping...

Life has its ways of kicking you in the ass lol, i cant belive this run of bad luck your having :(

Most reactions

Back