Suggestions For 4ft Tank

clen666

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, I have a tank 48"x15"x12" (LxHxD) and was wondering what to do with it.

I would really like cichlids but I am only new to the hobby and my knowledge is limited at present. Could anyone offer suggestions on suitable fish?

I would like to have a rockscape in this tank as I have a 2ft planted and dont think I could cope with more plants to care for! So this tanks just for the fish. I have a tetratec ex700 filter but need lighting and a new heater, recommendations?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanx, G

hey dont let the fact that you are just starting up stop you from keeping cichlids, get into the cichlid part of the forum and read read read,then read some more ;)

good luck,be confident :)

shelagh xxx

just be careful you dont get any sensetive ones or any that grow to big. a few would be cockatoo cichlids, butterfly ram or bolivian ram

Cichlids are about the best option for you. They are easy to care for, and very pretty fish.

African cichlids make a pretty tank. A 55 gallon is just big enugh to keep a good number of them. They are hardy and undemanding.

Get some Rummy Nose Tetras in there, beautiful

I would listen to you but you're a makem therefore my sworn enemy :lol: Bring on 12.45pm! Haha (if you hadn't guessed I'm black n white!)

Only playin, but back on topic; just a tank of rummy nose?

Does anyone have any suggestions of which cichlids would b best suited to a tank this size? I'd like some fairly large fish but dont want the tank to look too crowded

Thanx, G

Most reactions

Back