stuck

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

karen

Reaction score
ok, checked water parameters, they are normal.
I have a black and white mollie that is floating at the top of the tank. it has a red spot on the top of it's left eye and red spots on its head and body. when it tries to swim down into the tank. it ends up swimming vertically as if its tail is too light to sink with the rest of its body.
we change the tank once a month, just changed it yesterday. we take out about 9 -10g of water (we have a 55g) and add stress zyme, stress coat and aquarium salt.
it is our biggest fish with another black and white mollie as a friend. we also have 2 red wag sword tails, 4 zebra danios, 2 lemon tetras, 2 multi color tetras, 3 tequila sunrise tetras, 2 mini catfish (the bottom feeders), and 4 neon tetras.

we just started aquariums jan 23rd. this tank was set up on feb 14th. Im wondering if fish can get concusions? help!!! :/

well when you say that its floating like that, it sounds to me like some sort of swimbladder disorder, although they usually cause a fish to sink. Theres no real cure for swimbladder disease, all you can do is feed roughage (shrimps with indigestible shells are good like brine, mysis, etc)
The red spots are they sores? or just dots? if they are dots or small, it could be some sort of parasite.

Here are some links that will give you some more info and help you figure out whats goin on..
fishyfarmacy.com
pandorasaquarium.com

well, today it is doing alot better and i am wondering if it didn't hit it's head really hard. the red spots are much smaller today and see to be more of a coral color than red like yesterday. it is swimming all over the tank. i will let u know if there are any other changes. but , i don't know. it seems fine now. :/

Hey Karen, Just wanted to say Hi and that I am right up the road from you in Lebanon. Sorry to hear about your fish I hope it gets better soon

Les

Most reactions

Back