Striped Rapheals Fighting?

SBL

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Are they fighting or developing who leads. I have 3 and I bought a small one, at a little under 3" and one that is 4.5". Lerger one looks quite ruff looking, has a spot that looks he has had a bad scrape before and is quite a bit spinier(?). Smaller one is very active, see him more than my first. Anyway, they are locking pectoral fins and closing them trying to grab the other. Looks kinda like cichlid courtship but, older one has torn fins that have seperated from the spines on pectoral fins.
What should I do. Not sure on stats of tank but, P.H. is 7.5. I don't have a ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate test kit yet. Sure its good enough cause I do a %50 change weekly anyway. Also did a good %70-%80 the other day because I said might aswell while i have all decorations and fish out of the tank for gravel cleaning. (I have buried a few fish while gravel cleaning before.) I just added a good bit of plants today too. Any help?

Edit: Tank is 29 USG. 30Lx18Hx12W, plenty of hiding spots but, my spotted and first striped rapheal are always in the same spot hiding.

not sure if they are fighting, i expect they are though because of a lack of territories.. i think you may need to get a bigger tank to be honest as they can grow to about 9 inches. i have 1 in a 50 uk gallon ( 210 liters )4ft tank, thats the minimum i would personally house one in. if thats not possible, maybe rehome the new guy? seems the best and easiest option.

Most reactions

Back