Stress stripes and white spot?

Itsmemario

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Not sure if I'm being paranoid so I'm going to show pics from different angles so someone can tell me if something looks abnormal lol. (I can't believe I figured out how to resize the pics Haha)
The stripe sometimes gets brighter then other times, sometimes I swear it shows more when he sees me and I go up to the tank because when I first go up to him it's barely visible.
He also has a faint white spot on the side of his face, he had it on both sides but you can barely see the other spot now.
Other than that he's really active and eats and goes crazy back and forth when I go in the room:D

Also when he eats the pellets he flings them around and once they go in the gravel he won't touch it so I'm not sure what to do about that.

I also give him freeze dried blood worms which he loves and eats them right away but I know he can't eat just those.

Oh and his water is:
pH 7.8ish (is that too high?)
Ammonia 0 (it's hard for me to tell if it's just yellow or a tiny bit green with the api master test kit)
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5.0ish

Any advice is appreciated:)

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 444.jpg
    444.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I don’t see any white spots, or stripes. That is a beautiful betta though! What is the bettas tank size, tank mates (if any) and water parameters? :)

I don’t see any white spots, or stripes. That is a beautiful betta though! What is the bettas tank size, tank mates (if any) and water parameters? :)
Thanks, I'm not sure if I'm being paranoid lol I added the water parameters on the post.

It's a 10 gallon (not cycled because he came from a bowl:|)
No tank mates and I'm going to be adding driftwood and a live plant soon.

Here's his tank, you can see why his name is Mario:cool:

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 91
He looks like a healthy betta in the photos - I can't see any stripes or spots either.

Most reactions

Back