Strange Looking Guppy

xshellx

Reaction score
hi so i went to the local pet store today and came across some pretty strange looking guppies.

The guppies have the body colour of my females with bright orange dots and dashes along the body that seem to be broken by bright green when the light hits. Im just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what kind of guppy they are ? oh and the tail is split just two dashes of orange.

will get a pic up as soon as i can get one. they are fast and dont seem to like the camera much

Sounds like Endler's, a sub species of guppy. Well, they'll be Endler/guppy hybrids; most of the so-called 'Endler's' in the trade are now.

i was looking at endlers but i suppose they have as many colour variations as guppies :rolleyes: the ones i had looked at were black bars and so looked nothing like this shoulda thought of that :blush:

IMG-20111009-04437.jpg

best picture i could get. bad i know the other male i got also because i just thought he was beautiful.

nope. though that is a beautiful looking guppy.

looks like a endler to me

Agreed. Endler. They will cross breed with your guppies by the way.

Is that something i should stop ?

You wouldn't be able to even if you felt inclined to try. If you have males and females in the same tank, they will have done so by now anyway.

I've not put them in the main tank yet. i have a female i got at the same time in there but i could always keep her in one of the extra tanks until she is done dropping fry if it is better not to let them breed ?

I wouldn't worry about it too much; all the so-called Endler's in the aquarium trade are guppy/Endler hybrids anyway. Just make sure you inform people that they are hybrids if you pass the fry on.

Most reactions

Back