Strange Fungus..

CBTF

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Ive had my platies for a few months now. About a month after I bought them I noticed one had a small little white speck on her tail. I assumed it was itch and treated accordingly. The ich meds didn't work so I put her back in.

It's now 2 months later and it's re-appeared, this time much larger! Another platy has a tiny spec too. Im now treating with pimafix, an anti fungal medication. Is this the correct course of action? It really looks like a fungus or something. Im also assuming since they arent darting or scratching on decorations its not ick.

Water is is fine, tank is cleaned and water changes are done weekly. None of the other fish are affected. Im 2 days into the 7 day treatment so ill have to wait a bit longer to see any results.

Is the speck fluffy looking.

they start as grains of sand but become large and fluffy looking. only one per fish.

Well whitespot starts of as a grain of salt, but if left untreated it can spread and go fluffy looking, but by the sounds of it i would say columnaris if you have already used a whitespot med.
Is it possible to get a pic up of the fish.

Most reactions

Back