Stones And Rocks

strttndrrn

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
iam heading to my local garden centre in the next few days could anyone tell me the names of stones and rocks i could buy that are sutible for fish tanks.

do i have to wash and boil slate stone bought from a garden center or can i just put it straight into the tank

do i have to wash and boil slate stone bought from a garden center or can i just put it straight into the tank
dont boil any stones or rocks if there are any pockets of air trapped they will blow up in your face
you can rins them in hot water and give them a scrub with a scouring pad just to get any residue off then they will be fine

Hi

I can also confirm that granite doesn't alter the pH either. I have had a piece of Cornish Granite soaking in a bowl for the past 10 days and there has been absolutely no change in pH. I also did the "vinegar test" which didn't fizz. So I will be giving a few of them a good clean and popping them in soon!

just got a 3 large peices of quartz rock for £3 looks very nice

I put some granite and a terracotta pot in my new tank, They look good and the fish love them (especially the cory's).

rose quartz looks nice too, ive a lump of that, be careful though , i had a rock and it took me quite a while to realise it was that that was slowing poisening me fish, anything that sparkles isnt good, di

Most reactions

Back