Stocking Question For A Fluval Edge

travelling-guppy

Reaction score
I have a 6 US gallon /23L Fluval edge tank with 2 guppies 2 Endlers and 5 shrimp. I have seen a dwarf Gourami in my LFS and I wondered if I could add one to my tank. I am not sure if this would be overstocking. Anyone able to help?
Thanks

I have a 6 US gallon /23L Fluval edge tank with 2 guppies 2 Endlers and 5 shrimp. I have seen a dwarf Gourami in my LFS and I wondered if I could add one to my tank. I am not sure if this would be overstocking. Anyone able to help?
Thanks

A DG should really be kept in more room than the Edge can offer. Also, it may consider your guppies as targets and your shrimp as lunch.

I would avoid adding one to that tank.

If you really want to stock Dwarf Gouramis, I would advise you to upgrade to a larger tank... :)

Oh. So that's out then. Any other larger sort of fish I could have ? All my fish are so little and I wanted something a bit more showy, or should I stop where I am?

I don't think you can have any fish that are "a bit more showy" in a 23L tank. I know the Fluval Edge looks nice design wise but the size of it just lets it down. :/

Most reactions

Back