Stocking New 350 Gallon Aquarium

Bullrock74

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I got a new tank this week...its 350 gallons...it only cost as much as a nice desktop computer...anyway...check out my signature for what's in there now and please let me know what sort of mid-level fish you would recommend I get...I was thinking of a decent-sized school of fish that the oscar and pacu will not bother...do they exist?

Lovely tasty snacks that pacu will have as an adult. Eat it the pacu they are meant to taste good, then you could do what you like really.

I've always wanted tinfoil barbs, they would look awesome in that tank, and they swim fast enough no one should bother them.

you know.... I'm very...very...very...very envious of you....

If the pacu is nice enough to let those kinda things live around, and since it IS 350, you could add some bala sharks, clown loaches (as long as you get 4"+), and so on... really....

If the pacu is nice enough to let those kinda things live around, and since it IS 350, you could add some bala sharks, clown loaches (as long as you get 4"+), and so on... really....

I like both clown loaches and bala sharks...I'll have to look into those...thanks for the suggestions.

i'd think the balas would do fine in that tank, and they won't get TOO big so a small group shouldn't be a problem, with the tinfoils they would grow to about 16inches it think, but the balas would reach around 12inches, up to you of course, i'd love to see some pics!

oh man. id love to toss 50 platys in there and have like 5000 in a few months.

apologies though- ive got no suggestions.

I like both clown loaches and bala sharks...I'll have to look into those...thanks for the suggestions.

That tank size would be great for clown loaches. You could have quite a few. Just make sure the tank mates are right. Clown loaches can be very sensitive and stress out easily.

Good Luck

Most reactions

Back