Stocking Levels In 90 Litre Tank

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sarah_13

Reaction score
Hi

I recently purchased a new 90 litre tank and I am wondering how many fish I can have in it. I was expecting to get a couple of German Blue Rams along with some others but have read it will be too small for the Rams.

I would ideally like 2 Dwarf Gouramis, 6 Pearl Danios and possibly a small Cory or two. Can anyone please tell me if this is a safe amount of fish to have.

The tank dimensions are 70cm long, 35cm wide and 40cm high.

Thanks

I think the gouramis, the danios and the cories would be fine, but cories prefer to be in a group of 6 :good:

Ooh, also, if you haven't done so already, you'll need to read up on cycling your filter :good: Here's a good link.

I think it'd be safer if you have 1 dwarf gourami in there. Plus corys are shoaling fish so it'd be better if you have at least 6.

Hope your tank comes along nicely :)

Thanks for the quick replies everyone. Yes I have read up on cycling my tank and I am just waiting for some ammonia to be delivered, thanks for the link.

Also one more question, can anyone give me some examples of small corys that wont grow too big please. My favorite cory is the three line (leopard cory), is this one suitable?

Thanks for the quick replies everyone. Yes I have read up on cycling my tank and I am just waiting for some ammonia to be delivered, thanks for the link.

Also one more question, can anyone give me some examples of small corys that wont grow too big please. My favorite cory is the three line (leopard cory), is this one suitable?

I know pygmy corys grow up to 1 inch. How big a cory are you planning on having?

Could get yourself 7-8 pandas (corydoras) for a tank that size, lovely little active fish and doesnt grow much over an inch and a half at most.

I wouldnt go for the rams unless you know your water is soft enough for them, they are quite fussy and rather expensive fish to experiment with if your water conditions are not suitable.

The Danios would also be fine at the temperature required by the pandas and 6 would be a good number.

After that i woudl say you still have space for a pair of "something" as your showcase fish. A Dwarf "something" would be ideal.

Could get yourself 7-8 pandas (corydoras) for a tank that size, lovely little active fish and doesnt grow much over an inch and a half at most.

Agreed. They're pretty adorable too! :lol:

Most reactions

Back