Stocking for 29 gal

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bettafishlover86

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
First of all, wow-it’s been a very long time since I’ve been on here. Last time I logged on was November 2022 😅. I was searching around google for stocking ideas for my tank and I remembered I always used to get good advice from here so I came back. My betta that I’ve had for about a year and a half passed away yesterday. Cause of death unknown, water parameters are fine. Currently in the tank I have 8 harlequin raspboras, 3 maybe 4 otos, and a bristle nose pleco. I was wondering what other fish I could put in there with them to spice up my tank. Lmk your ideas

If you have a sand substrate and soft water a group of small corys could be a nice addition to the bottom - maybe some Pandas?

Wills

I have fluval stratum so that could work

No, don't put cories over any plant substrate. There are bacterial issues, grain size probably, and possibly rough; roughness in our hand is not at all comparable to roughness for cories, they have to be able to take in a mouthful of substrate, filter food out, and expel the substrate via the gills. This only works with fine soft inert sand.

Most reactions

Back