Stocking....again! D:

LyraGuppi

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Ok, sorry, but it is these tanks again...  >.<

I have a 90 gallon bowfront, here are the measurements....

17 1/4 inches wide (Across the top, at the peak of the bowfront)
 50 inches across the front (From left side to right side)
27 inches tall (From top to bottom)

My mum wants angelfish, and I will gladly agree to that. We'd like a smaller tetra, rasbora, or barb to go with it.. I like Skirt Tetras and Harlequins, but my friend has a long-finned cherry barb she needs to get rid of.

The substrate is a sand/gravel mixture. What should the stocking be?

Sorry, I hope this is my last Stocking thread. XD

Angelfish and smaller tetra aren't a great mix.  The Angels can eat them as they get larger.   And if you go larger tetras, the tetras can nip the fins of the angel - same goes for the barbs.  Skirt tetras can be very nippy.  I have a group and they are usually chasing each other.   They don't bother the cories or the neons, but the angels would be a much different target.

There are a few species that would be less nippy.   

I'm leaning towards harlequin rasboras as the recommendation.  I've never kept them with angels, but they are a great, peaceful fish, and I believe their shape would keep them from becoming lunch.  

Five banded barbs are also an option, I believe.  But, be sure not to get them confused with tiger barbs.  Tiger barbs are a really bad choice with long finned, slow moving fish (like angels).  

lets try melon barbs, discus and giant danios 
yes.gif

I like harlequins, I like a large school of those would good. What should I do for bottom feeders? I plan to have nerites for algae, BTW.

Emperor tetras? I have a shoal of these in with my angels, the both co-exist very peacefully and they are absoultely gorgeous fish.

Most reactions

Back