RiiCKYOMD

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
1 male betta
5 silver tipped tetras

they lvoe eachother

should i risk adding 2 female bettas and a few neons

its a 12 gallon tank and it can hold that many

i am planning on 2 25% weekly water changes because i dnt want me tank to be bad :(

Oh im doing a fish cycle its been up and running for 2 days
im going to leave it 2 weeks before adding anymore tetras

but the bettas should be fine i hope

Ah right OK, after everything been up and running for about a month with the tetras, you should post your tank stats and filter size ect. on here again to see if your tank can accommodate more fishies :good: .

Fingers crossed for the betta... -_-

neons not good with the betta, they will nip it's fins. You may get up in the morning to find your male betta with no fins. A lot of people say male bettas are best in a tank on there own.

a male and two female bettas would be havoc in a tank that small. males and females should really not be mixed unless your tank is large and heavily planted because they are not social fish. They are solitary and territorial by nature and males and females have been known to fight, sometimes to the death.

The tetras do not fight or nip the betta they were hosued with rpevious owner for 2 months

they were brought up togther really so they just see them as there own specie i fink

neons not good with the betta, they will nip it's fins. You may get up in the morning to find your male betta with no fins. A lot of people say male bettas are best in a tank on there own.
Not always the case, IME that's not even the case 25% of the time :).

If he already has it in with silvertip tetras, neons are very unlikely to be a bother.

However this is assuming the fish survive the fish cycle, naturally it would be better to go with something with less of reputation for being nippy if you get a chance to start over.

Like harlequin rasboras for example :good: .

I forgot to even mention the females, which as starrynightxxi says would not be a good idea.

If the tank is well planted, you can try the neons but not the females.
Female bettas should never be mixed with males unless you're breeding (and then they need their own tank and the female needs to be removed later).

Ricky why do you ask advice? You seem to do what you want anyway. Ive already advised you via PM that the silver tipped tetras are not ideal with the bettas and now you want to add more bettas :crazy:

Ricky why do you ask advice? You seem to do what you want anyway. Ive already advised you via PM that the silver tipped tetras are not ideal with the bettas and now you want to add more bettas :crazy:

Because I think that getting more than one opinion is better :( And actually I was just looking at my options

Wow uhmm no no and no. you should REALLY reserach. bettas....having two females is bad enough because the aggression wouldn't be spread out..but to add a male to that. it is absolutly INHUMAN.

Most reactions

Back