Stock check

Brendanpat

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi me again . Just wondering how my stock levels are now . Got some new additions and decided to rehome my 2 mollies today because my water is soft ish and not suitable in the long term plus think I was overstocked. Petshop took them back ,so im sure someone will provide for them . I now have 11 peppered cories (3 medium size and 8 only very small at the moment ) 6 neon tetras and 2 guppies and 1 swordtail. 28 gallon tank . How does this sound ?thanks

Sounds good to me. Note: there may be some aggression between the neon tetras and guppies. Neon tetras are know for nipping fish with longer fins.

What is the GH of your water?

Ok I'll keep an eye on that . It's around 120 ppm . Probably should have rehomed guppies and swordtail ? aswell but I couldn't bring myself to part with them . They seem to be doing really well

Your GH is just a tad off... by 20ppm.

Here is the guppy SF profile.
Here is the Neon Tetra SF profile.

I would say they are OK for now. If your GH was off by say 100ppm, I would be worried.

Your GH is just a tad off... by 20ppm.

Here is the guppy SF profile.
Here is the Neon Tetra SF profile.

I would say they are OK for now. If your GH was off by say 100ppm, I would be worried.
Good . So its ideal for tetras . And it's good for the cories too ? Do you think I have any space left for a few tetras when I let these ones settle in or am I close to the limit for my tank ?

You can safely add more tetras to the group. And yes, that’s OK for the cories.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200908-162002_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200908-162002_Gallery.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 130
I've 4 neon tetra you could have if I knew how to get them to you :) they aren't suited to my 307ppm hardness.
We went to this place on Sunday in enniskillen. It's out in the countryside .This fella has a room at the back of his house turned into a fish shop . Hes got everything !

I've 4 neon tetra you could have if I knew how to get them to you :) they aren't suited to my 307ppm hardness.
You could probably priority ship them...

Have a look at Aquarium Co-ops vids about unboxing fish, or look up how to ship fish. If it's good enough for sending them across the world, should be possible to send them across Ireland

True that but then I got them from an awful LFS so maybe they're eh not the best genetically :/

True that but then I got them from an awful LFS so maybe they're eh not the best genetically :/
I'm going to wait for a few weeks anyway to get all settled . Still struggling with my algae problem. Have new fast growing plants ordered that will help that hopefully

Most reactions

Back