Sticking Backgrounds

neilevo

Reaction score
Hi

I have a plain black background to put on i normally just tape them but i have heard of this seaview gel which is meant to be really good for backgrounds.

Has anyone used this and is it any good?

Hello,

I use the seaview stuff on my background, it works well for a few months but then once it dries out from the neat from the tank the backing will start to come away from the glass.

Then its just a case of adding more seaview to stick the background back to the glass. If I could get to the back of my tank I would remove the backing and paint it black. This is what I will be doing in the near future when the tank has to be moved for a new carpet to be fitted.

Hello,

I use the seaview stuff on my background, it works well for a few months but then once it dries out from the neat from the tank the backing will start to come away from the glass.

Then its just a case of adding more seaview to stick the background back to the glass. If I could get to the back of my tank I would remove the backing and paint it black. This is what I will be doing in the near future when the tank has to be moved for a new carpet to be fitted.

Yes i was thinking about doing that and this background i have is gloss so reflects everything.

Are you going to be adding plants to your tank? if so painting the back black is the best way to go.

I only wish I did it with my tank before it was set up.

Are you going to be adding plants to your tank? if so painting the back black is the best way to go.

I only wish I did it with my tank before it was set up.

Yes i will have plants.

So will acrylic paint be best for the job?

piece of thin mdf cut to size with background taped to it worked for me , then , if you want to change your mind , you can :good:

I would shy away from paint personally, loads of work if you want a change of scenery. The best way I have found of fixing backgrounds is on a tank with the plastic trim at the top. I slid the background under the trim at the top, then taped across the trim and backgroin with duct tape (siver, 2" wide). Then I taped the bottom pulling it tight. Hope that hepls.

I've just put a background on my tank using some specially made stuff called Clear View, £4.99 for a 30ml bottle, the guy in the shop I bought it from recommended I use baby oil & after seeing this stuff I should have taken his advice because it looks like that's exactly what it is tbh.

Most reactions

Back