Starting Up A Cichlid Tank

housty29

Reaction score
hi all, spent all day an nite doing research on wot to get fish wise and stocking etc but was just lookin a bit of advice off use wit experience.
had the tank going know for 6months with tetras, guppys, pearl gouramis and panda garra. i have re homed everything except the panda garra an was hoping to keep them in with the new fish i am interested in getting which are cichlid's , electric blue johannii, yellow labs, cobalt blue, powder blue and saulosi.
if anyone has any thoughts on the cichlid matches wit each other and the panda garra i would b very thankful.

What size is your tank? panda garras can't be kept with old world cichlids, as old worlds prefer a much higher pH. There may be a few new worlds that can work, though, if your tank is big enough.

sorry forgot that bit, its a 4ft tank. i just want bright coloured cichlids but if i have 2 get the panda garra re homed i can do that. i have 30% tank space rocks an from wot i understand i need more rocks?. do cichlids like current?

i like the look of yellow labs but i dont want 2 breed them r cross breed them is it possable 2 keep 3 female yellow labs an 3 powder blue cichlids etc???

Most reactions

Back