Stand advice needed.

sharkweek178

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
I'm thinking of a set up where I can have two tanks on a stand. A 20 long on the top shelf and a ten gallon on a shelf underneath.
Can anyone recommend a stand for this?

I built my own double-tier stand. Cost less than 30 bucks and is tough as nails. It will never break.
1704467778345.png

If you know your measurements, home depot will cut down to what you need.
Not the Home Depot here. They must be lazy. They make everyone cut their own wood. And with a hand saw too. Don't even let people use power tools in the store.

Not the Home Depot here. They must be lazy. They make everyone cut their own wood. And with a hand saw too. Don't even let people use power tools in the store.
In the lumber department, there is no table saw and chop saw? I though that was a country-wide thing.

Jeez! I've been to HD in Florida and Taxachussets, and in both places they always have the tools and an operator there to cut to spec.

There's also a table with a hand saw for those who choose that option. I take my son there so he can help with small projects for our place, he loves using the tools.

In any case, I'd be happy with a stand I can just assemble if anyone knows of one.

In any case, I'd be happy with a stand I can just assemble if anyone knows of one.
Have you checked facebook or other marketplace apps? You could get one there at a great price, or maybe even free if you're lucky. Otherwise you're better off checking petco or similar for the units they have, which can be pretty pricey (to me).

Have you checked facebook or other marketplace apps? You could get one there at a great price, or maybe even free if you're lucky. Otherwise you're better off checking petco or similar for the units they have, which can be pretty pricey (to me).
I'm more looking for a recommendation of a particular model. Since I want to do something a little different with it. I see stands on Amazon and they show two different tanks on them. But I would like a recommendation based on durability since this is putting extra strain on it. And ease of access. I'm a little worried about getting to the bottom tank. It won't be any good if there's only an inch of clearance for the top of the tank.

I'm guessing they are depending on that small solid back to prevent "racking" ie resistance to a sideways force. Note how they address it with two "x" braces in the front to back mode. The homemade one is pretty solid but also could use a cross brace or two.

Most reactions

Back