Spotted Cory Catfish

fishfight

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I recently bought a cory, and it has red spots around it's eyes and under it's belly, is this normal?

Hi fishfight :)

What kind of cory do you have? :unsure:

It's not normal at all to have red spots on a cory. It's usually a sign that it has a bacterial infection in an advanced stage. How do his fins, tail and barbels look? Has your tank finished cycling yet?

If it was this way when you got it, I would suggest that you take it back to the lfs immediately.

There is one other possibility, and that could be something to do with your ACF. Even though he is still small, if he's hungry and a fish passes close by, he might make some effort to catch it.

Thanks, but he died this morning. I guess petsmart isn't a good place to buy fish. I took one back yesterday and shouls have noticed something wrong when she poured the sick one back in the tank withthe healthy.

fishfight said:
Thanks, but he died this morning. I guess petsmart isn't a good place to buy fish. I took one back yesterday and shouls have noticed something wrong when she poured the sick one back in the tank withthe healthy.
Sorry your fish died.........

You are quite right.....NOT the place to buy fish from!!!

Most reactions

Back