Speeding Up The Process

fatboywez

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have 2 tanks in my house already and i am now starting up my 3rd. This will be the first time i am using a external filter system. Is there anyway i could use my 2 other tanks to speed up the cycling process on my new tank.

Wez

Just take a couple of sponges from each and put them in the cannister what about some water from the tanks will that help as well???

Water won't really help because it doesn't contain much helpful bacteria. Murky water, or bio-media from the filter will help. Make sure not to take more than 1/3rd of the media out from 1 tank though, as this could ruin that tank.

i have been reading about this for a while now, Would it work if put my new external filter on one of my other tanks for a while then put it in the new tank i could have fish in there practly streight away??? Yes/No???

Hmm, I'm not sure, because then your aquarium/bacteria would get used to having 2 filters, and if you remove 1 it would be to much of a difference. I am not sure about this, but I would recommend just transferring some mature media.

Most reactions

Back