Sparkling Gourami And Betta?

JodieLM

Reaction score
:unsure: is it possible to put 3 or 4 sparkling gouramis witha a male betta, ruby and cherry barbs and cardinals??

Generally the opinion is not to put bettas and gourami together as they will compete for the same territory and niche in the tank as they are very similar species. There would be a lot of aggression by all reports I have read and it is not a good idea. Hope this helps

I'm not sure on sparkling gouramis. Though I have had a male betta in with a Dwarf Gourami and a couple of Honey Gouramis. They did just fine. I think it's a matter of finding the right fish and getting lucky.

I have heard that the Sparkling Gourami is more aggressive than others.

In the end it's your call. If you have a tank that you can put someone in to separate them or just get a betta bowl (as much as I hate to suggest that).

I'm not sure on sparkling gouramis. Though I have had a male betta in with a Dwarf Gourami and a couple of Honey Gouramis. They did just fine. I think it's a matter of finding the right fish and getting lucky.
Kay i'm not being harsh or offhand, but if the OP has to rely on luck then its probably not worth taking that risk....
Sparkling gourami are often considered one of the most peaceful gourami although i've never kept them myself so can't say from experience.
I personally would never take the chance.

Most reactions

Back