Sparking Gouramis And Endlers

regbooboo

Reaction score
Hello, I am a complete novice to fish-keeping and have just bought a Fluval Edge (6 gallon) tank. I am hoping to stock it with 2 sparkling gourami and 2 endlers - can you tell me if I will need a heater for these fish. Sorry to sound dense but when it comes to fish I am!! :rolleyes:
Thanks.

Yes AFAIK the Sparkling Gouramis and Endler Gupppies needs temps 24-28 degrees C :good:
Unless you live in a very hot place, you will need a heater.
Carl

Hello, I am a complete novice to fish-keeping and have just bought a Fluval Edge (6 gallon) tank. I am hoping to stock it with 2 sparkling gourami and 2 endlers - can you tell me if I will need a heater for these fish. Sorry to sound dense but when it comes to fish I am!! :rolleyes:
Thanks.

Yes, you will need a heater. If you need to figure out whether you need a heater for any fish, look at any decent care sheet (here is an example). Note the temperature range. Unless you keep the air temperature in your house in that range, the fish will need a heater.

I've heard bad things about labyrinth fish (gouramis & bettas) in the edge , because there is only a small "surface" where they can get air, often they can't find it. You'd need to keep the water level lower than the top glass if you really want to keep the gouramis in there (thereby invalidating the neat thing about the edge). In short, they aren't recommended. The endlers should do fine, just make sure you get both the same gender (not sure if 2 male endlers would fight in the absence of females) unless you want fry, and if you do, it would be better to get one male and two female so the female doesn't get harassed to death.

Ditto above.

I would like to add that in my experience, Sparkling Gouramis do best in groups of 6+

So, given that it's not the perfect tank for Labyrinths, I would suggest Endlers only with a group of either 6 males or 2m 4f (if you don't mind the babies).

As an alternative, maybe 4 male Endlers and a few cherry shrimp?

p.s. don't forget to cycle your tank!

Most reactions

Back