Sorubim Lima

Tiger Tiger

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi

Well i finally decided to get two of these marvellous cats at both 8 inches long. They are stunning, and their movement in all depths of the tank is incredible.
They are not just night feeders either as i find one just sits out on the gravel and the other will move about in daylight.
The best light is my Twilight as this is when they really come to life.

Food wise i am experimenting, i feed quite a bit of prawn to my fish but they seem to turn their noses up at it.
They will take frozen bloodworm though.
These are the two i mainly feed with live shrimp on occasion.
I have no doubt they will take that.
I heard they will take bits of Tuna Fish. If so how is this prepared? Has anyone tried this with theirs.

Would like to hear Lima owners views and tips

Thanks

I wouldnt recomend feeding tuna as it is very oily and will leave an oily scum on the waters surface which can hamper water to air gas exchange and lower oxygen levels.

My lima's get fed on a diet of whitebait, prawns, cockles, mussels and JMC catfish pellets, once they get used to their surroundings they will pretty much eat anything meaty but they do take a little while to settle in.

come on wheres the pics i wanna see those tigers too B)

Past one tiger on. The New guinea just hassled everything in the Tank. I would wake in the morning and decor all over the place, plants floating on top etc. He was constantly Black in aggression to the others.
Got quite a good price for him though.
Now left with the Micropelis. He now is alot more settled and more colour coming through.
Daughter has taken my Camera to the Doninican Republic on Holiday and my Camcorder so will have to wait. Just as well as i had to arrange the Tank after getting him out.
Then got home put in the Lima's and woke this morning to a packed in motor on my external filter.
Then the Washing machine blew up.

Water in Kitchen...Water in Front room.

Felt like that bloke in Waterworld the Movie.

What a day and it has not finished yet! :shout:

Most reactions

Back