Sorry one more question

Chunky's mom

Reaction score
I saw moss balls were infected with zebra something? I ordered 2 off line but got rid of them as soon as I got them. Are they safe yet?

I saw moss balls were infected with zebra something? I ordered 2 off line but got rid of them as soon as I got them. Are they safe yet?
Am not sure what you speak of exactly.

Do you happen to have a picture or a online link for those?

Actually getting rid of them isn't necessarily the best thing to do - zebra mussels are an eco-hazard rather than a hazardous hazard. Some countries have been thinking about banning the sale of moss balls. If you bought yours legally it is probably fine, and from what @Colin_T says even if they are not it is no problem.

Am not sure what you speak of exactly.

Do you happen to have a picture or a online link for those?
There were zebra mussel larvae found in marimo moss balls in the US a while back and people that owned aquariums were told to scrap their tanks and chuck everything out. It was an over reaction to an introduced pest mussel.

Mussels and clams generally struggle to survive in filtered aquariums because there simply isn't enough food for them. If you do see any mussels in the tank and don't want them, throw them on the lawn or in the bin. And pour the old aquarium water on the lawn and not down the drain.

Most reactions

Back