Soooo What You Think?

bluemermaid

Reaction score
Right o

I have this tank.

http://www.onlineaquariumstore.com/acatalo..._Osaka_320.html

I have decided to update the interior so I have formed this plan

Remove fishes/ plants to big tub in current tank water and run fluval 405 in tub till move fish back add heater.

Remove gravel from tank dont clean just put into tights... stay with me

use cut down grass edger and create a half moon into tank ( facing front of tank) fill half moon with play sand well washed. fill back of moon with large gravel and pebbles. this is where I will plant live plants. put fluval intake in middle of back of tank. place input halfway down tank pinting along glass.

group large wood and ornaments in centre. air stone under one wood and bubble wall infront of large ornament ( easter island head)

Hydor Koralia power head No3 in the corner of tank to maintain flow over base.

Put back water fishes and filter.

lay tights over centre glass into water to help speed up cycling.

this is till i can afford the http://www.thelivingseas.uk.com/p/474173/e...o-3---2080.html

Have i missed any thing ? any other advice?

well almost finished it was so much work and I was quite concerned bout my fishes the were a little stressed.

I am never catching a 7" plec again

i will put up pics soon lol

If you have been using the 405 as the main filter on your existing setup, there should be no reason to bother with the gravel in the tights. The filter will stay cycled running on the tub and still be cycled when you move it back to the tank.

If you have been using the 405 as the main filter on your existing setup, there should be no reason to bother with the gravel in the tights. The filter will stay cycled running on the tub and still be cycled when you move it back to the tank.

As more than half water was being replaced I didnt want to take risk...... I love them.

My plecs love it they are out more 'playing' in the sand and the shrk gathers sand into his mouth and spits it at other fish lol.

Most reactions

Back