Something wrong with my dojo loach!!!

FishKeeper72

Reaction score
For the past few days, one of my dojo loaches has been floating at the top of the tank kinda just letting the current push it around. It also has weird markings on it. Please help. Should I euthanize?
I have a 75 gal tank.
4 goldfish, 4 dojo loaches, and 1 snail.
Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0
Ph: 8.0
Ammonia: 0

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 29
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.5 KB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 27
Have you added anything to the tank in the 2 weeks before this started?

Is the fish eating?
What does its poop look like?

--------------------------
Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge. This removes the biofilm on the glass and the biofilm will contain lots of harmful bacteria, fungus, protozoans and various other microscopic life forms.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week. The water changes and gravel cleaning will reduce the number of disease organisms in the water and provide a cleaner environment for the fish to recover in.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, if the filter is less than 6 weeks old, do not clean it. Wash the filter materials/ media in a bucket of tank water and re-use them. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn. Cleaning the filter means less gunk and cleaner water with fewer pathogens.

See how it goes over the next week. If it doesn't eat during that time and doesn't improve, then think about euthanising it.

Have you added anything to the tank in the 2 weeks before this started?

Is the fish eating?
What does its poop look like?

--------------------------
Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge. This removes the biofilm on the glass and the biofilm will contain lots of harmful bacteria, fungus, protozoans and various other microscopic life forms.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week. The water changes and gravel cleaning will reduce the number of disease organisms in the water and provide a cleaner environment for the fish to recover in.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, if the filter is less than 6 weeks old, do not clean it. Wash the filter materials/ media in a bucket of tank water and re-use them. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn. Cleaning the filter means less gunk and cleaner water with fewer pathogens.

See how it goes over the next week. If it doesn't eat during that time and doesn't improve, then think about euthanising it.
I added nothing to the tank. It has been eating, but just today I had to hand feed. Don’t know what it’s poop looks like because it’s hard to tell with these guys. Also, it’s mostly at the top floating around and sometimes going sideways and almost belly up.

What do you feed it?
If you use dry foods, stop using them for a week and use frozen or live food instead.

If the fish has air trapped in its digestive tract, which can happen if they gulp air or eat too much dry food from the surface, it can cause boyancy issues. The frozen or live foods help to push out any air from its intestines and the fish can sometimes swim normally afterwards. If this doesn't happen, the fish could have air trapped elsewhere in the body and that is usually a bad sign.

Most reactions

Back