Something On Glass?

ngl2093

Reaction score
Theres some type of thing on my glass. It seems like it may be alive, but I never added anything to my tank, like a tiny slug snail type thing? is this possible? it's a guppy tank and I've had it running since June. I just realized this. Yesterday saw it and tried getting it off with a scrub bad it worked but now it's on another part of the tanks glass.... :/ What is this thing it's about the size of a cotton tip of a q tip and it's brownish.

i had java moss for about a week but took it out and tossed it.. some stuff was still in tank for a little bit, but this thing appeared out of nowhere. should i net it and toss it? lol

yeah get rid its probably a common snail which are a pain in the jacksy. Evict the lil pest before u have a whole tank of them!

if its a snail,you can crack the shell and most fish will eat them.
mel :)

if its a snail,you can crack the shell and most fish will eat them.
mel :)

Its planaria, a worm. Don't worry its harmless. They multiply when there has been over feading and a messy tank. Just cut down on your feadings and do a few extra water changes and they will most likey go away.

EDIT: After re-reading your description it probably is snail.

maybe that was it over feeding it formed somehow. i will find it and toss it. I'm also going to do a water change tonight or tomorrow morning.

Most reactions

Back