• arrow_crab.jpg
    arrow_crab.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 59
can't forget the coral banded shrimp!

Attachments

• coral_banded_3.jpg
    coral_banded_3.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 57
one more......really, this is the last one............

Attachments

• blenny_4.jpg
    blenny_4.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 54
Beautiful marine tank you have there olive. :wub:
Arh... wish i had a marine tank... salt water fishes are just too $$$!! :angry:
Lol...oh well, maybe i should quit complaining and start saving!

-Chewy-

Chewy- said:
Beautiful marine tank you have there olive. :wub:
Arh... wish i had a marine tank... salt water fishes are just too $$$!! :angry:
Lol...oh well, maybe i should quit complaining and start saving!

-Chewy-
thanks chewey! yep, get to savin'.......sometimes I think I'm crazy :S ................too much $$$........ :/

Great pics Olive!!! :wub:

What is that last cute little fish? On the 'really,this is the last one'..lol

He's got such a precious face. :wub:

Been waiting ages for these olive!!! Looking amazing though and well worth the wait. Are you going to get some anemones in there at a later date? Also could we please have a whole tank pic? Thanks so much :wub: P.s Are you going to only keep your uv on while the ich is still about?

Yep, beautiful pix :) I'm jealous. Hope to start up a Reef tank, but holding up for now, since I got laid off :(

salt water fishes are just too $$$!!

Freshwater fish are expensive as well. Checkout the costs of discus and some plecos.

crazie.eddie said:
Freshwater fish are expensive as well. Checkout the costs of discus and some plecos.
I agree that discus and some other FW fishes are expensive, but my point was from a overall view.
Like for example, a typical tropical fish, the neon tetra cannot be even compared to the cheapest salt water fish!
If you wanna to take the other extreme, discus are most likely the most expensive freshwater fish....now compare the discus to the price of a lionfish! :crazy: :sick: :blink: see what i mean?? :S
Besides, marine fishes need alot of experience....i m just not up to it...

-Chewy-

Beautiful tank olive :D thats realy coming along nicely

I believe that is a scooter blenny :)

Like for example, a typical tropical fish, the neon tetra cannot be even compared to the cheapest salt water fish!

Around here, Green Chromuses (Saltwater) only go for a few dollars.

discus are most likely the most expensive freshwater fish....now compare the discus to the price of a lionfish!

Their are a lot more expensive freshwater fish, I.E rare or wild discus ($400 and up) and the Asian Golden Arowana (anywhere from $5,000- $35,000 dollars) and there are many koi fanatics willing to pay over $50,000 for rare breeds of Koi.
Discus and Lion fish are usually the same price ($50) :)

you've got a point there.... -_-
but my point is still that the average price of a marine fish is still more expensive compared to a freshwater fishes....(esp those golden arowanas...they are a BOMB)

-Chewy-

HeatherSweetness said:
Great pics Olive!!! :wub:

He's got such a precious face. :wub:
He is a Lawnmower Blenny, which may be the same as a scooter blenny, I am not sure. He is so cool! He changes color depending on where he is sitting! Light if he is on the sand, and dark if he is on the rock or on the powerhead, as he is in the pic! ;)

DrOizo said:
Been waiting ages for these olive!!! Looking amazing though and well worth the wait. Are you going to get some anemones in there at a later date? Also could we please have a whole tank pic? Thanks so much :wub: P.s Are you going to only keep your uv on while the ich is still about?
Oh yes ideed, we are gonna try the whole kit and caboodle! Anenomes, corals....you name it! We have to get our better light first, though. It is in, but since we had to buy the UV light, we are having to wait.

Thanks for the compliment! The third pic is a whole tank pic, I just cropped it so you could see the fish better..... :D

My lfs recommended that I leave the UV on for six months after I add my last fish and then only use it when I have problems. I think that is what I will do.............. :nod:

Most reactions

Back