Some Photos Of My 4ft

dryzone

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who offered help on the thread I started re:stocking. Some of you asked for the finished photos so here they are.

The CT betta was actually meant for another tank but he was not enjoying it in there because of too much current. I have had him in this tank for a week now and I've been closely monitoring his and the other fishes behaviour. They are actually quite happy together, he spends most of his time amongst the weeds and the other fish want little to do with him and he with them. I guess it all comes down to personalities some times.

Please forgive the post to this forum website. It is actually my personal website for Model building. I hope you don't mind. It appears i cannot link IMG files to dynamic pages.

My Webpage

Very nice, I think you could do a few things to make it look better, like putting a black background on, this will bring out the colours of the fish and plants, and also hide your equipment to a certain extent. Also, you could change your substrate to sand, I think it would look alot better and natural, your corys would also prefer sand as they like to suck it up and blow it out of their gills and dig in it. Overall, quite nice although the car decoration doesn't really tickle my fancy, but that's because im now into natural things.

Neal :good:

Thanks everyone, good ideas and feedback there.

With the sand, is it possible to remove half the gravel as the bottom layer and the sand for the top? Does it make any difference?

Good suggestions re: background, I'll put some serious thought into that.

That's definitely only one Betta in there, he sometimes has a go at his own reflection.

" With the sand, is it possible to remove half the gravel as the bottom layer and the sand for the top? Does it make any difference? "

Hi,

The only problem I can see with putting sand on top of the gravel would be losing alot of the sand thorugh the gaps between the gravel, also it could take a while to settle down to actually see how much sand you have lost through the gravel. Perhaps you could bear the sand in mind for later on, I think the tank looks really nice as it is, although I would put a background of some sort on as prviosly it will bring out the colours of the fish. I have just put a background on my tank and used Vaseline to stick the background to the back of the tank, I know it sounds weird but it is amazing the difference that the vaseline makes.

Rich

Most reactions

Back