Some New Pics Of A Few Of Our Tanks

Great looking tanks, Miss Wiggle. It'll be really interesting if the oscar doesn't touch the plants. I think you're wise to stick with hardy plants, but he may ignore if he's got a place or two to dig and be a cichlid.

llj :)

Great looking tanks, Miss Wiggle. It'll be really interesting if the oscar doesn't touch the plants. I think you're wise to stick with hardy plants, but he may ignore if he's got a place or two to dig and be a cichlid.

llj :)

thanks llj :D

yeah the tanks really deep so he's got room behind the big bit of wood, the tank bottom is periodically bare there when he decides he want to play in the sand :rolleyes: he doesn't seem bothered about digging anywhere else

we went for amazon sword because firstly we had loads of them going spare, and secondly they get really big root systems on them so even if he does knock them or dig around a bit, once they're established they should be fairly hard for him to knock out. we're finding most of them have completely stayed put, there's 1 that won't stay planted which is annoying me but I don't think it's him digging at it, just that the roots on it aren't finding they're place just yet!

:)

must take a lot of care in the tanks to get them so excellent looking :good: 8)

not that much tbh! weekly water changes, daily dosing of ferts etc but that's literally about 30secs a day once you get into the routine then 5 mins tinkering with them every so often to trim plants etc. they don't take a lot of looking after.

thankfully i don't do much of the hard work anymore, we had lots more tanks but downsized them gradually, ended up getting rid of all the ones i maintained, and keeping the one's my fella does :shifty:

all i do now is the little 8g tank and we do the marine tank together.

:)

Most reactions

Back